August 28th, 2021
- Made Easy
Bookkeeping & Finance – Made Easy
This is a 2-day hands-on, face-to-face session and participants will learn how to:
- State the meanings of and give examples for:
– cash accounting v. accrual accounting
– GST, PAYGW, PAYGI, FBT
– GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
– credit and debits
– accounts receivables (trade debtors)
– accounts payables (trade creditors)
– assets, liabililtes, equity
– expenses (running costs) and cost of sales
– chart of accounts
– private company, public company, sole trader, etc
– inventory stock v non-inventory stock
– full tax deduction v. depreciated items
– asset purchase v. asset lease
– working capital and cashflow
– departmental accounting and tracking
– starting a new financial year and new payroll year
- State the meanings of and what can be concluded from standard finance reports:
– Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet
– Budgeted v Actuals P & L
– Income Analysis
– Debt to Equity Ratios, etc.
- State what to monitor and what to report to understand the ‘health’ and ‘performance’ of the business.
- Devise, state and measure relevant KPIs (key performance indicators) for a business.
- Devise a simple budget and state the benefits of budgeting and monitoring finances against budgets along with projected cashflows.
- State where to look for industry standard performance averages for particular business types.
- State the main tools that can be used to manage the finances and accounts (eg, MYOB, Xero, etc).
Courses are delivered in our training rooms, or can be conducted in your training room onsite. And content/outcomes can be customised/tailor-made to your requirements.
See Benefits to the right for a list of services provided to all participants (depending on the course).
For more details or to inquire about a closed corporate or online program, use our inquiry form here or phone us on (02) 6041 2711.
No experience or prior knowledge in finance or bookkeeping is required nor assumed. Participants are expected to have a sound knowledge of and experience with a Windows PC.