June 24th, 2018
- Intro to PCs for Beginners
Intro to PCs for Beginners
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
Computer Essentials & Shortcuts:
- Start a Windows PC and log on.
- Use shortcut tips and rules for using a Windows PC.
- Start and exit Windows applications using shortcuts.
- Move, size, maximise and minimise windows.
- Navigate and create folders to organise files.
- Use the Recycle Bin.
Word-processing Essentials (Word or Google Docs):
- Type a simple letter.
- Edit and format text.
- Create, save and open files.
Spreadsheet Essentials (Excel or Google Sheets):
- Create a simple spreadsheet.
- Enter headings, data and simple formulas.
- Create a simple chart/graph.
E-mail Essentials (Outlook or GMail):
- Create a Gmail, Hotmail or similar e-mail account.
- Create, send and receive e-mail.
- Send attachments.
Internet Essentials (Internet Explorer or Chrome):
- Use shortcuts for browsing the Internet.
- Save web pages to favourites.
Courses are delivered in our training rooms, or can be conducted in your training room onsite, or as live, online sessions. And content/outcomes can be customised/tailor-made to your requirements.
See Benefits to the right for a list of services provided to all participants (depending on the course).
For more details or to inquire about a closed corporate or online program, use our inquiry form here or phone us on (02) 6041 2711.
The course is designed for anybody with little or no experience in using a Windows PC.
No courses scheduled. Please inquire via phone (02) 6041 2711 or use our Contact Us page
Provided to all participants*
- one (1) computer each in small class sizes.
- Instructor-led tuition at your pace.
- training manual of hands-on exercises, step-by-step instructions and shortcuts.
- certificate of attendance.
- post-course support from the Help Desk, by phone and e-mail.
- monthly e-mails of hints, tips and course dates.
- free refresher course within 12 months, when available.
- answers to your questions.
Our courses can be delivered as:
- closed training sessions in our training rooms.
- onsite sessions in your training rooms.
- live, online sessions.
- tailor-made, customised content for your needs.