- Intro to PCs for Beginners
Intro to PCs for Beginners
Delivery & Duration
- Face-to-face: 1 day, OR
- Live online: 3 x 1-hour sessions
This course is great for minimising the ‘fear factor’ many people have when using computers.
The course guides participants through the basics in using a PC and shows them important shortcuts and easy-to-remember ‘rules’ for carrying out common tasks quickly.
Participants will learn how to create and manage simple documents and spreadsheets that can later be saved and stored for later use. Participants will also perform hands-on exercises with Internet navigation and email communication.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Start a Windows PC and log on.
- Use shortcut tips and rules for using a Windows PC.
- Start and exit Windows applications using shortcuts.
- Move, size, maximise and minimise windows.
- Swap between opened applications.
- Navigate and create folders to organise files.
- Use the Recycle Bin.
Word processing Basics:
- Type a simple letter in MS Word or Google Docs.
- Edit and format text.
- Create, save and open files.
- Create a simple spreadsheet in MS Excel or Google Sheets.
- Enter headings, data and simple formulas.
- Edit and format data.
- Create a simple chart.
- Create, send and receive e-mail.
- Use an e-mail address book.
- Reply to e-mail.
- Use simple e-mail management techniques.
- Use shortcuts for browsing the Internet.
- Save web pages to favourites.
- Use correct search techniques to minimise ‘hits’.
Courses are delivered in our training rooms, or can be conducted in your training room onsite, or as live, online sessions. And content/outcomes can be customised/tailor-made to your requirements.
See Benefits to the right for a list of services provided to all participants (depending on the course).
For more details or to inquire about a closed corporate or online program, use our inquiry form here or phone us on (02) 6041 2711.
The course is designed for anybody with little or no experience in using a Windows PC.
Download Course Guide
Provided to all participants*
- one (1) computer each in small class sizes.
- Instructor-led tuition at your pace.
- training manual of hands-on exercises, step-by-step instructions and shortcuts.
- certificate of attendance.
- post-course support from the Help Desk, by phone and e-mail.
- monthly e-mails of hints, tips and course dates.
- free refresher course within 12 months, when available.
- answers to your questions.
Our courses can be delivered as:
- closed training sessions in our training rooms.
- onsite sessions in your training rooms.
- live, online sessions.
- tailor-made, customised content for your needs.