- Made Easy
Bookkeeping & Finance – Made Easy
Delivery & Duration
- Face-to-face: 2 days, OR
- Closed / onsite (inquire).
This 2-day workshop course breaks down important basics of finance and related bookkeeping to simple, everyday terms.
Specifically designed for non-finance based personnel, especially finance managers, the course cuts through the clutter and the jargon to help you understand concepts, terms and issues easily and with little fuss.
Typical scenarios and real-world examples will be covered, and you will use simple tools—such as a ‘pen and paper’ and spreadsheet application—to help you understand better important concepts.
Bring along your questions so we can help you even further.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- State the meanings of:
- cash accounting v. accrual accounting
- GST, PAYGW, PAYGI, FBT
- GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- credit and debits
- accounts receivables (trade debtors)
- accounts payables (trade creditors)
- assets, liabililtes, equity
- expenses (running costs) and cost of sales
- chart of accounts
- private company, public company, sole trader, etc
- inventory stock v non-inventory stock
- full tax deduction v. depreciated items
- asset purchase v. asset lease
- working capital and cashflow
- departmental accounting and tracking
- starting a new financial year and new payroll year
- State the meanings of and what can be concluded from standard finance reports:
- Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet
- Budgeted v Actuals P & L and Balance Sheet
- Income Analysis
- Debt to Equity Ratios, etc.
- State what to monitor and what to report to understand the ‘health’ and ‘performance’ of the business.
- Devise, state and measure relevant KPIs (key performance indicators) for a business.
- Devise a simple budget and state the benefits of budgeting and monitoring finances against budgets along with projected cashflows.
- State where to look for industry standard performance averages for particular business types.
Courses are delivered in our training rooms, or can be conducted in your training room onsite. And content/outcomes can be customised/tailor-made to your requirements.
See Benefits to the right for a list of services provided to all participants (depending on the course).
For more details or to inquire about a closed corporate or online program, use our inquiry form here or phone us on (02) 6041 2711.
No experience or prior knowledge in finance or bookkeeping is required nor assumed. Participants are expected to have a sound knowledge of and experience with a Windows PC.
Download Course Guide
Provided to all participants*
- one (1) computer each in small class sizes.
- Instructor-led tuition at your pace.
- training manual of hands-on exercises, step-by-step instructions and shortcuts.
- certificate of attendance.
- post-course support from the Help Desk, by phone and e-mail.
- monthly e-mails of hints, tips and course dates.
- free refresher course within 12 months, when available.
- answers to your questions.
Our courses can be delivered as:
- closed training sessions in our training rooms.
- onsite sessions in your training rooms.
- live, online sessions.
- tailor-made, customised content for your needs.